malawi bulletin

A 20-year-old woman, identified as Saudiya Nsomba, tragically lost her life, while her 35-year-old husband is hospitalized at Mangochi District Hospital after suffering severe burns from a house fire caused by petrol explosion.

This unfortunate incident took place on October 3, 2023, at Limbalire village, within Traditional Authority Bwananyambi in the district.

According to police investigations, the couple was involved in the petrol black market business at Chisopi Trading Centre, and they had stored petrol inside their home.

It is alleged that on the fateful day, while the couple was engaged in conversation, the wife (now deceased) was sitting on a gallon filled with petrol near an open flame while preparing food. Tragically, the gallon caught fire, leading to the rapid spread of flames throughout the entire house, resulting in the immediate death of the wife. Fortunately, the husband managed to escape, though with severe burns.

He was rushed to Mulibwanji Mission Hospital and subsequently referred to Mangochi District Hospital, where he is currently undergoing treatment.

Postmortem results have confirmed that the cause of death was severe burns.

The deceased, Saudiya Nsomba, was a resident of Limbalire village within Traditional Authority Bwananyambi in Mangochi.

By user

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *